It might be the middle of summer but like it or not, Christmas is knocking…again!
Planning your party should be as fun and exciting as the event itself, so check out our top tips for planning the perfect Christmas party
1. Plan ahead. The best venues get snapped up early and many start taking bookings in December for the following year – yes, really! The earlier you can secure your venue the better, particularly if your party has to be on the most popular Thursday or Friday evenings.
2. Picking the perfect venue. With so many venues available for Christmas parties, deciding on the perfect one can be a daunting task. Narrow down your options by scoping out what your guests will want from the party. Speak to your colleagues and perhaps even send out a quick email survey to find out exactly what people are looking for. This should help determine whether your guests are looking for a show stopping evening complete with wild entertainment and dancing, or the opportunity to network and build on professional relationships.
3. Outline a clear budget and what it must cover. If your budget is limited and you feel like you can’t consider any of the larger venues, keep an eye out for shared parties or consider partnering up with neighbouring business if that’s a viable option. If your budget is limitless (lucky you!) then let yourself get creative, perhaps sourcing a blank canvas you can design yourself, or find a venue with the opportunity to add in extra entertainment and experiences throughout the event.
4. To theme or not to theme? More and more venues in London are coming up with traditional and non-traditional themed packages for Christmas parties so watch out for any styles that will suit your company’s wish list. If you do decide to go for a themed party, make sure it’s the right one for your demographic of guests.
A number of venues will offer their Christmas events on a packaged basis, so it’s important to be crystal clear on what is and isn’t included. Have a look to see whether a DJ or other entertainment is included, or whether you’ll be on a consumption or unlimited drinks package during the event.
5. Catering at your party is an extremely important ingredient to the smooth running of the event. Whilst some people will be keen to put all of their budget towards alcohol we advise that you make sure adequate food is available. If your Christmas party is after work it’s unlikely your guests will have had the chance to eat before they arrive, so save them the “morning after the night before” embarrassment and provide them with a good feed when they’re here! Good food really is our thing and it’s something that everybody will talk about after it’s over.
6. Ask for advice. If you are looking for additional support or inspiration, reach out to your venue manager – they really are experts at what they do and will help you take the stress out of the planning.
7. Enjoy it! Once you have done all of the leg work and everyone is at the venue checking in their coats, the most important thing you can do is relax and enjoy yourself.
If you are looking for a venue and need some inspiration, please give us a call and we can help give you and your colleagues a well-deserved festive treat!